The Stranniki (Russian for Runaways or Wanderers) are the strong Pomorsky Old Believers who rejected prayers for Tsar Peter and all government papers (identification, passports, money, etc). They would not wear clothing contrary to Old Orthodox Russia, nor eat with those of contrary Faith and Practice. Keeping themselves separate from the antichrist society they went far into the Siberian wilderness. This blog is about these people and my effort to conform my life to theirs.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Jeremiah 29

You shall seek Me, and you shall find Me.

Because you seek Me with all your heart, I will let Myself be found,

Says the Lord.

I will bring you back from your captivity;

I will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you,

Says the Lord.

...

The LORD has raised us up prophets in Babylon.